Search Engine Optimization tips and Web Design tips from SEOhug and Fruitcy Web Design.
Giving your site some TLC and SEO love :)
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
6 Free Tools To Improve Website SEO Performance
Looking for some free ways to improve the SEO performance of your website, as well as gain some insights on how your competitor’s websites are performing? Listed here are 6 free website tools to help you make an immediate impact with improving your website’s SEO performance.
1. Website Grader by HubSpot Probably the most popular free website grader online, Website Grader by HubSpot is a great resource to see how your site stacks up against your competitors and what you can do to improve its performance. Website Grader evaluates traffic, on- and off-page SEO, social popularity and other technical factors that influence the performance of your website.
2. Google Analytics Everyone’s heard of Google Analytics but many continue to ignore this amazing resource of free analytical tools. Even if your site has built in analytics it’s worth your time to set-up a free account, which tracks site usage, traffic sources (both referring sites and keywords), top performing content and more. All of this knowledge will help you make informed decisions when making ongoing SEO updates to your site.
3. Google Keyword Tool On-page SEO starts with identifying the right keywords for your site’s content and a great free tool to conduct this keyword research is Google’s Keyword Tool. This tool doesn’t have some of the bells and whistles of some of the paid keyword research tools but you can quickly gain insights on which keywords you should be using based on monthly search volume, competition level and overall relevance to your site’s content.
4. SERP Rank Tool by Sitemapdoc.com If you’re looking for a non-biased view of where your site ranks in the SERPs (search engine results pages) for certain keywords and keyword phrases, Sitemapdoc.com offers a very helpfulSERP Rank Tool. You can also use this to see how you’re ranking against your competition.
5. SEO Sorcerer This tool performs a complete SEO page analysis of a web-page’s content, keywords, meta-tags, structure and hundreds of other details for search engine optimization best practices.
6. SEO-Browser.com Plain and simple, seo-browser.com allows you to quickly view your website the way a search engine sees it (without graphics and pretty pictures). In addition it provides some nice overview stats such as page load time, page size, meta information, number of images and words, etc.
These free tools won’t solve all the problems you may be facing with improving your site’s SEO performance but they’re bound to help you make an immediate impact. Always remember that SEO is an ongoing effort that takes time and discipline.